Friday, January 28, 2011


I WAS PLUCKED OUT

I am someone
Who wanted the indigo out of the rainbow
Preferred the thorns and the vacuum
Instead of roses and roles.
I had wept with the betrayed
I had laughed with the ecstatic
And always longed to wipe the tears
Of puddled cotton and bitter sugar.
But I was then,
Just a lotus in the marshes
Contended and proud
To be erect in the dirt.
I had felt miserable
When someone plucked me out.
I lost my sun,
I lost my moon
I lost my friend
Who gave me the hue
But yes,
Perhaps I need to change
With the turning wheels of time
So I tried to reconcile
And yes, I succeeded.
The effort was well timed
For now I have
My sun and my moon
My cherished hues
And my coveted friends
Forsaken dew drops
And my long lost honey
And I know that before long
I can wipe all less privileged tears
Fill the bellies of tortured hearts
I have the chalice
I have the wine
I only need
The countdown of time.

2 comments:

  1. som thin u lost,
    som thin u gain,
    its jus a matter of tym,
    no one can betray u,
    unless u accept to be betrayed,
    And u can never see a tortured heart...
    :)

    ReplyDelete