Monday, May 31, 2010


MY BIGGEST TREASURE

I asked my father’s permission to go in search of the greatest treasure in the world....Though at first he was reluctant, eventually he agreed... I searched and searched,,, went to all the nooks and corners of the world, all to no avail... atlast i came across this magical mirror that will show me the treasure if i look into it from the highest mountain in the world.. Barring all fatigue, i climbed and climbed, braved all the cuts and scratches on my face and the glittering unicorn's blood that was dripping down my neck. Finally i reached the peak of the hilly terrain. I took out my mirror and looked into it.... Believe me, i wasn’t surprised to see my father’s face reflecting on it from behind. I turned and saw him standing behind me. His tired physique, scratched countenance, glazing neck and still charming smile proved to me that he was behind me in all my travels across the world... like a guardian angel... always keeping me in an eye’s distance... Renewed respect, affection, devotion and love nourished my senses as i rushed to my greatest treasure and wept in his arms.

3 comments:

  1. ...he was behind me in all my travels across the world.. like a guardian angel...
    ...Renewed respect, affection, devotion and love nourished my senses as i rushed to my greatest treasure and wept in his arms. Pappa, i can’t tell you how much i love you.

    thank you mithu,
    for this memory note about your pappa..
    it carry me to my memories with my pappa.

    hold this eternal love byond sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, was reading through your blog just now... u write awesome poetry :) like really really beautiful ideas :) i loved the college corriddor one best

    keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great work dear..
    I've no doubt that these words are deep from your heart and every father will love to hear it.
    Could these words be attributed to our almighty too? Hope you won't contradict..

    ReplyDelete