Wednesday, May 12, 2010


LAMENTS OF A COLLEGE CORRIDOR


Know me,
The all pervading omniscient corridor
The bounteous plank of youth
I have witnessed the wheels of time
The curls of reasoning
Twisting and turning
Never knowing fatigue

I’ve seen the love declared
Emotions soaring and passions sustained
I’ve read a thousand chants
In the glances exchanged through the panels
The gaudy hues of their newer lips
Provoking the souls of their trusted halves

Many a deceived heart i’ve seen
In the promises scraped out of them
Trying to paste their ripped hearts
With roses that fall on my sympathetic lap
Crushed and its petals weeping

As i flap through my pages
With memories drifting over my lines
Through the gray mist of my eyes
I see a few hilarious hearts
Leaving my shade, hand in hand
Taking with them the well wishing clover
Plucked from my heart, never to part
And i have smiled, i have prayed

They come back to the same forgiving shade
Separately, with their shattered hopes
Dead dreams and dying desires
And with a heart tormented,
Searches for their broken pieces.

When they tell me
“You have seen it all”
I stare back at them
And hurl my pleas
“I’ve yet more to see
And yet more to teach”

(College corridors are the silent witnesses to love- its hypocrisy and fidelity)

No comments:

Post a Comment