Friday, May 7, 2010


KNOW ME FOR ME


The insinuating rays of the ravished sun
Cannot keep me chained to my tears
For i am empowered
Not by his sceptre
Premonitions that shake the core
Or mantras that tune my dirges

The world can stoop and crawl and creep
But i stand firm on their bowed heads.
I weep in the eve and laugh in the morn
Circumspect my moves
To circumvent my obstacles.

After the display of his vigorous warmth
The lord can go back to his lighted chamber
To disrobe himself and his vital frills
Keep aside all treachery
To be dealt with the next wake
And welcome his deity
With her mystic mantle
Bleached with the regal unicorns blood
To take his place and charm his baits

The fragile deity
Still tries her best
Accepts my triumph
Weakens her hold
And hails my roots.

I’m not what i was
My present convalescing
I am what i will be
And will be what i will

Try as you might, you cannot
Push me back to that erring marsh
Or cite me to search for the pebbles i dropped
Don gift me my avenging stick
Making adders emerge
To strangle you with kisses.
My solo laments,
I keep them in gospels
Never to see, never to hear.
For i am the lilly
That the dove flew away with
And dropped on the shores of Vatican
Innocent, chaste
Holding the flawless crucifix.

Know me for me
For i might not be the me you knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment