Sunday, May 23, 2010


I’VE STOPPED WRITING VERSES

I’ve stopped writing verses
I’ve kept it somewhere
And lost it somewhere
My daring dreams
To change the man
Who clutches the world
And bring to earth
All joys of Eden
Without the forbidden fruit.

Rambles to riches?
Paupers to princes?
Give me another thousand years
I wont be able to.
I’ll use those years
To freeze the sun
To dry the Ganges
And uproot mountains
Not to change man.

I live in a world,
A ruthless world
Where men make guns
With the verses
Torn from my heart
My expectant ideals
And hopes of revolution
They gave as homage
To their mighty Gods
Who holds the strings
Of a bright future
And wash their muddy feet
A felicitation to treachery.

With gospel in one hand
And brochures in the other
They go to churches
To make new contracts
They mock at the Gods
And count the seconds
Till the curtain draws
Rush to their offices

To build new empires
With their secular pride...

I’ve lost all hopes
Of filling the vacuum
With glorious thoughts
Of a balanced world
Where men will open their eyes
And see their brothers
Hear their cries
And fights for rights.

Their bloody lips
Camouflaged in lipsticks
Bulky suitcases
With corrupt notes
Can speak over my mellowed scripts
And break my pleas to pieces
I speak to a blind world
I speak to a deaf world..
I’ve better things to do
Can’t waste my time
Im going in search of a tutor
To pacify my vain wishes
And a well earned beautician
To curl my wavy hair.

(Fed up with the callousness and hypocrisy of the world)

No comments:

Post a Comment