Monday, May 17, 2010


YOUR’S IS LOVE, DEAR

Many a times you’ve told me dear
To write about you, write for you
I suppress a tear and turn my back
Not knowing where to start
Always wondering where it’ll end
Not because i don’t love you friend
I do, you know, the Gods are proof.
I need more words to prove my guilt
You told me tales of tears and torture
And made me forget my trivial pains.

Now to compensate all saved ink
Lost love, stoic acceptance
To the wrangling games of reality
Your reminiscences, suppressed grief
Your anguish, i’ve charted in my frail heart
I’ll never refuse an owing deal
With you, i wish to love you more
I’ll write for you till my parchment bleeds.

I’m not going to ask you again
What you actually saw in him
Twice or thrice i’ve doubted my doubts
You just smiled and stared at the stars
Believe or not, i envied you then
For you searched for nothing to prove your stand
Love without reasons
Love without motives
Love abounding
Love sanctifying.

I’ve often wondered, was he worth
Your sleepy thoughts and sleepless nights?
He is a mortal and you, a goddess
Goddesses have and only they have
This divine virtue to love, lacking returns
He could have turned his ever proud head
And seen the wasted candles and hopes
The faded rosary’s and mumbled prayers
Seen his self in your chaste face
Felt his life in your heart beats
Found relief to all his doubts.

When the chapel echoed your critical pleas
And my soul felt your drowning pulse
At least in my next birth, i wished to be born as him
To know your love and be the luckiest

I too wept with you, for you
And hoped for a chariot to lift you both
Or a sacred spell to vanish him forever
I know his physical self will go
But he’ll still live
To blemish your life thereafter.

He chained your dreams
You loved him then
He crushed your feathers
You loved him still
He broke your wings
You loved him more

If men have lived and died on earth
If you and me are friends till death
And if there is a thing called’ love’
YOUR’S IS LOVE DEAR
YOUR’S IS LOVE.

(To my dear friend who burdens because of unrequited love. She did love him more than herself but the fate was too cruel on her)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome dear.... i lykd it very much..


    I’ve often wondered, was he worth
    Your sleepy thoughts and sleepless nights?
    He is a mortal and you, a goddess
    Goddesses have and only they have
    This divine virtue to love, lacking returns
    He could have turned his ever proud head
    And seen the wasted candles and hopes
    The faded rosary’s and mumbled prayers
    Seen his self in your chaste face
    Felt his life in your heart beats
    Found relief to all his doubts.

    ReplyDelete